12 Holiday Safety Tips
1) Keep decorations at least 3 feet away from any source of heat.
2) The best decorations are safe ones. Make sure you do not run coeds under rugs or furniture.
3) If you have a real Christmas tree, make sure to keep it watered so it is fresh and safe.
4) Always turn off your decorations when you leave the house or go to sleep.
5) If you are using extension cords or adapters that add receptacles, consider having a licensed electrician add more outlets to your home.
6) Only use electronics in dry areas.
7) Remember that phones and tablets should stay on your nightstand.
8) Every home needs a working smoke detector in each bedroom, outside sleeping areas and on every level, including the basement.
9) If you are using a space heater, switch it off before leaving the room.
10) Inspect your decorations and discard any that are damaged or worn out.
11) Keep batteries stored safely in their original packaging and out of reach of small children and pets.
12) The best gift you can give your family is an Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupter breaker or outlet. Many electrical fires that occur every year could be prevented by AFCIs.